Meet Our Amazing Team
Anthonette is self-confident, result oriented and pays great attention to details. She has earned a sterling reputation for adept handling of complex litigations, including cases with highly complex issues. She is skilled in legal research as well as arguments and her ability to decipher and quickly unravel complex and thorny legal issues is a distinguishing factor which makes her a favorite amongst clients.
She is currently a part of the firm's Dispute Resolution Services and some of her works include:
- Part of a team that represented one of the leading telecommunication companies in Nigeria before the trial and appellate courts in a matter that bordered on the clampdown on the fundamental rights of their staff, as well as the challenge of the validity of the state law imposing a certain development levy which amounted to double taxation and a violation of the doctrine of covering the field, vis-a-vis the Taxes and levies Act
- Part of the team that represented candidates before the Rivers state Gubernatorial, National and State Houses of Assembly Election Petition Tribunal in 2011, 2015 & 2016 and the Appellate courts.
- Part of the team that represented the office of the Attorney General of the Federation, Federal Republic of Nigeria, at the Federal High Court in a matter instituted by the incorporated trustees of a particular ethnic group/ local government in Rivers State, clamouring for a lion share of the 13% derivation fund allocated to Rivers State as it was their claim that the said derivation fund was not been justly employed.
- Part of the team that represented some aggrieved landlords of the land hosting an oil facility of a reputable multinational oil company in Rivers state, from the trial court to the Court of Appeal, requesting for accumulated and unpaid rents by the said multinational oil firm, spanning several decades of oil exploration activities on their land.
- Part of the team that represented a reputable oil servicing company at the trial and Appellate court in a matter bordering on the breach of contract. The said matter was instituted via the Undefended List Procedure.
- Part of the successful team that represented a reputable construction company in Nigeria in a matter bordering on breach/frustration of contract.
- She has also represented several reputable various individuals, communities, and corporate bodies in several land and chieftaincy suits.