Meet Our Amazing Team
Kanayo heads the Transaction Advisory Services of the Firm where he coordinates a team of specialists in several landmark financing transactions. With a background in banking, Kanayo brings a wealth of industry experience to bear on complex transactions ranging from capital markets to business consolidations, equity offerings, high yield and other bonds, broker-dealer transactions, derivatives investment funds and sovereign listings.
Kanayo has handled volumes of transactions including:
- Led the team that advised a Nigerian Bank on a US$233 million capital raise to shore up its capital base and strengthen presence in the Nigerian retail lending space;
- Advised a Nigerian oil service company on a $600m acquisition of two state of the art jack up rigs for operation under the local content regime;
- Led the team that advised a multinational shipping company in its joint venture formation and start up in Nigeria;
- Advised one of the largest mergers in Nigeria’s insurance brokerage sector;
- Advised a major telecoms provider in Nigeria on the structure, financing and regulatory framework for the establishment of a multimillion dollar fiber optic cable across 9 states of the federation;
- Advised in the biggest corporate restructuring in the pharmaceutical sector
- He is currently leading the Legal Team advising on a US$75Million equity and quasi equity capital raise for the financing of a 120MMscf/d Gas Plant Project in the Niger Delta region
- Part of Legal Team currently working on a PPP investment in electrification of economic clusters across the geo-political regions of the country
- He is currently advising on a multimillion dollars rail project in Lagos State
- Worked with the Legal Consortium that advised on Nigeria’s local content development fund which currently has about $1, 000, 000, 000.00
He is a member of several professional bodies including the Capital Markets Solicitors Association, Chartered Institute of Taxation, Professional Risk Managers International Association, Nigeria Institute of Management, Chartered Institute of Arbitration UK (Nigeria Branch) and the Nigerian Bar Association.